Saturday 14 July 2012

An impulse buy!

Hello readers! Hope you're all well today. I'm a bit sad, because I had plans to go to Disneyland as my birthday treat (my birthday's on Tuesday) but I had to cancel them because I have a really awful cough :(

Anyway, I'll cheer myself up by posting about nice things! Last week I met up with Emma, another English lolita currently living in Japan. We spent the day in Shinjuku, going to Marui One and Takashimaya. Of course we spent most of the time on the lolita floor of Marui. It's summer sales now!

In Takashimaya, we checked out all the wonderful things in the craft section. There were fabrics, felting kits, resin jewellery kits, all sorts of things! It makes you want to be more creative. I feel like making some jewellery actually, but I wonder if I'll get around to it.  

We stopped to have a drink in Takashimaya. You might have noticed I cut my fringe extremely short; it wasn't entirely on purpose! I think it can look a little harsh, so today I placed my half lashes very low to create a drooping effect. I think it makes one's expression more gentle. Oh, and I wore my straw bonnet. Japan feels so safe, I think I could wear a bonnet everyday if I wanted!

Emma is so cute! She looks very fresh and pretty in these light colours. I hope we'll go shopping again soon. It might be a dangerous move though- on this day I tried on IW's Germaine onepiece in navy in the KERA shop. I thought it looked so fancy and elegant on the hanger, but I wasn't sure if it would look nice on me or not. Emma said "I think you should try it." So I did, and it seemed to fit very well. Then she said "I think you should get it!" so I did! Whoops! 

I don't regret it though, it's a lovely dress and I don't have a party dress apart from my Juliette bisque doll.  The back neckline is particularly lovely, so mature and gorgeous! Besides that the longer length is very good for me. I'm planning to wear it for the D tour final next month, so please look out for it then!

Here is today's coordinate, country and classical combined:

~Outfit Rundown~
Bonnet: Handmade
Cutsew: axes femme
Wrust cuffs: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Jumperskirt, bag: Metamorphose
Socks: Mikazuki Momoko

See you next time,

Sapphira
xxxx

14 comments:

  1. You look pretty, and so does Emma! It's a pity you couldn't got to Disney Land because of your cough, you should really go there someday, it's absolutely magical.
    Shopping in Japan is really dangerous, haha- I always get tempted to buy more and more when I can see the clothes of my favorite brands in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, I'm surrounded by so many nice clothes I don't know how long I can control myself!

      I love Disneyland, it's so much fun! But it's not far away so I will surely have another chance :)

      Delete
  2. That bonnet looks so lovely, is it the same one you made in the tutorial earlier this year? I didn't realise how summery it looked before <3

    Shopping in Japan is kind of the worst thing ever for me haha, I spent a few thousand pounds when I was there last year >< I would like to live there myself at some point, but I don't know if I can actually trust myself! I especially got a bit spend happy in Innocent World as I find their website pictures generally don't look too impressive, but seeing the clothes themselves you realise just how glorious they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the same one :)

      All the foreign lolitas I've met in Japan have said how difficult it is to avoid temptation.... and I think most of them failed!

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is awesome, specially for the hot days in Japan, right? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It was 35 degrees the other day D: I felt like I was being cooked through just walking for 5 minutes outside.

      Delete
  4. You look lovely, the bright pop of blue color is so delightful!

    I know the feeling of cutting your bangs to high!

    I hope you get the chance to go to disney land another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always admire your bangs!

      Disneyland is not so far away, I'm sure there'll be another chance soon :)

      Delete
  5. Too bad fro disneyland! Rest and get better soon!
    I'm not a fan of droopy eyes, but I love your outfit! I think some mad shopping once in a while is ok :D I'd like to see the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister (whoi lives in Tokyo) is always telling me that it is a wonderfully safe place and you can dress as you like without reciving negative attention. That must be marvelous. I am so sick of people making annoying comments about my style!

    On the other hand, it looks like you had a great time with your friend. Oh, and your outfit is great! Will we be watching your new party dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, don't pay attention to annoying comments! I don't know why some people say the things they say, aren't they embarrassed to behave so badly?

      Next time I wear the dress, I'll take a picture! I'm thinking of doing a photoshoot in fact....

      Delete
  7. Haha, I love how its my fault but all you needed for encouragement was a few words! :D The dress looked absolutely stunning on you though, hope you didnt get in too much trouble from the bfrnd! Hope that pesky cough goes away soon and you can have an amazing time at Disneyland!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe it wasn't entirely your fault XD Thank you, I really love the dress sooo much and I had a great time with you. And he didn't seem to mind, maybe he's just glad I haven't bought more already!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...