Wednesday 4 July 2012

下北沢 Shimokitazawa

Good afternoon readers!

How are you? My school started this week, and I felt an earthquake for the first time! I thought at first the boy behind me was kicking my seat, then I noticed that everything else in the room was shaking too. It's quite different to how I imagined; rather than the earth itself moving, it feels like someone has picked you up and is shaking you about! I was a bit frightened, but it was only a tiny one. At least I'll be more prepared next time.

Also, I got some cards from modelling and talent agencies... but I think learning Japanese takes more priority at the moment! These type of things can sometimes be scams, or the wrong sort of modelling, so until I feel more settled here it's best to be careful. I sure many foreigners in Tokyo get approached for the same thing, so if it happens to you, please take care.

However, if a lolita brand asks me I'm saying yes for sure!
(Just in case some designer is reading this....)

Today I wanted to share some pictures I took with my friend in Shimokitazawa. This neighbourhood is great for used clothing shops, and there's a branch of my favourite 300yen shop Mikazuki Momoko. It's also home to Grand Bazaar Lolita, which has lovely second-hand Jane Marple, Emikyu and Juliette, as well as bits and pieces of other loli brands.

Here's a rather washed-out picture of me wearing shiro loli outside the shop:
~Outfit Rundown~
Onepiece, ribbon: Handmade
Bag: Metamorphose
Necklace: Innocent World

I just realised how funny the jeans on the right are! The lolita section of Grand Bazaar is only a small (but lovely) part of the shop, the lower floor has brands like Journal Standard, axes femme, franche lippee and sometimes Jane Marple Dans le Salon (although that also lives upstairs with the other JM stuff). There's also a mens floor and some higher end brands.

The purikura near the station is only 300yen! I really like this machine called "Milk Beauty". Magically I became 10 years old, with super-fair skin! My friend wrote "Who do you think we are" as this machine completely transformed her face... I think the real one is better, but this is also very cute! Since it was so cheap, we also tried "Lady in Tokyo" but I prefer the other one.


Have you ever seen this cleaning robot?
It's sooo cute! It scoots around the floor by itself, polishing as it goes. It made the floor of this arcade very shiny indeed. Good work, cleaning robot!

You can find Grand Bazaar Lolita's homepage here:

I hope you enjoyed this post! See you next time~



16 comments:

  1. You look so lovely in shiro lolita and you are totally right about the purikura machines: They make you look completely different! When I took purikura right after I had dyed my hair red, it looked different in every machine :)
    I have never been to Grand Bazaar, but maybe I'll go there next time I am in Japan. Also, that cleaning robot is very adorable, though I have never seen it before :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I've seen one too! My friend said cats like to sit on it and ride it XD

      Delete
  2. Grand Bazaar seems a really nice shop! Oh, I love second hand shops so much, I wish there were more in Italy.
    And you look great in shiro loli too!
    My bf has a cleaning robot, I think a model older than the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I want one! But my apartment is so small, I'll fall over it for sure XD

      Delete
  3. I wish I'd known this shop was there when I was there two weeks ago ><

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable I didn't even notice the shop behind you!

    That earthquake was a vertical one, which means it came straight under us. Horizontal earthquakes are more common, and everything just shakes from one side to another. (I was alone on the 19th floor by myself figuring out what to do if things became really bad! =O)

    I love GrandBazaar, too bad it's so out of my way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see, that's very interesting. I'm still quite frightened of earthquakes, maybe I should try to find out more about them so I can understand what's going on!

      I'm glad you love GB too! It's a bit out of the way for me too, but the stock turnover is a little slow I think, so only visiting occasionally is all right.

      Delete
  5. You look so beautiful! Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via Drop Dead Cute's blog, and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cara! Thank you very much for following :) It's very nice to meet you!

      Delete
  7. Cute purikura! xD
    Oh, and good tip about the modeling cards! It's a good idea to be careful.

    What is your job in Japan? Or can/don't want to say? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please take care! At the moment I'm just studying :)

      Delete
  8. That cleaning robot makes me think of Mo from Wall-E! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...