Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hyper Japan

Last year in London there was a special event called Hyper Japan. It was a chance to experience many aspects of Japanese culture- animation, technology, film, food, and (most importantly for me) fashion! 

At this event, KERA magazine brought six brands to England for the first time- Moi-même-Moitié, Angelic Pretty, Innocent World, Sex Pot ReVeNGe, Black Peace Now and Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. There was a competition to find six girls to represent the brands in a fashion show, and I was lucky enough to be chosen as Innocent World's model! It was really a great honour and a very special memory for me. 



You can see the video here:



The fashion show starts from 5.07. I love Joanie/ Lunie-chan, AP's model. She has a beautiful face and great style, just the perfect look for AP's pop and cute aesthetic. Apparently two brands were fighting over the Sex Pot model, Amber, and I can see why! Maybe her face looks familiar to you? She is in an advertising campaign right now!

I have to say a hearfelt thank you to all the KERA and Hyper Japan staff. It was very inspiring to meet Mr Matsumura of KERA. He seems like he cares very deeply about street fashion, and he was so enthusiastic about Hyper Japan too! I'm studying fashion design at the moment, and currently my course is very busy and stressful. My course pushes students towards a high fashion look, but my passion is for street fashion, so I often feel conflicted between respecting my tutors' advice and following my own taste. I try to strike a balance, but it is frustrating sometimes. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but when I think of how much I love Lolita fashion, and how there are kind people like Mr Matsumura and Ms Fujiwara out there in the industry, I know that there is hope and that I'm strong enough to keep striving. 


Me and the man himself!

The dates for this year's Hyper Japan have been announced: 
Friday 22, Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 July 2011

I hope you'll be able to make it! It's a great chance for UK and Euro Lolitas. I can't wait to see what events are planned for this year.

You can check their homepage here: http://hyperjapan.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. That's so amazing, looks like you had a great time! Congratulations on being the model :) Are you going this year? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes I'm planning to to this year, how about you? I hope a lot of people go and support the event so that we can have a Hyper Japan every year! I think the venue will be a bit nicer this time, last year there was a leaky roof which resulted in flooding backstage (you can see the cardboard they used to soak up the water in one of my pictures) and a big drip falling in my eye when I was being interviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that's so cool!~

    Goodness, I apologize for not seeing this till now, since I've been abroad (I have so many blogs to catch up with (@^@;; ))

    How did the competition work exactly, may I ask? It sounds so intriguing! And congratulations on such an honor!~

    And certainly don't let your dream slip away in your fashion design!~ Ultimately, I think incorporating your instructors wishes are all well and good, up until your instructor, well, isn't your instructor anymore. For your fashion design then, what will become of it? If you don't stick true with what you really love in fashion design, what happens to it later down the road? I can't say I really know how the fashion world works very well (high fashion and all that never really interested me) so I don't know what you're up against, but whatever it is, just stick with what you believe!~ You'll pull through alright in the end~ (゚▽゚*)ノ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...