Friday 30 March 2012

Photoshoot: A country girl by the sea

Hello readers! How are you today? I'm happy it's the weekend!

I mentioned in my last post that I had a photoshoot with Lauren Pinhorn coming up. It went very well, and I now have the fruits of our combined labour to share with you....


The photoshoot location was Brighton, and we took in many of the sights, including the pier, the boardwalk and the Royal Pavillion.


The day was so bright and warm, and the sea was beautiful and blue. The conditions were almost perfect, only a little too bright perhaps, I could hardly keep my eyes open!


The character I thought of for this shoot was a girl from the countryside going to see the sea for the first time. She was so excited to see it, as soon as she arrived she rushed from the station to the pier, taking her case with her.


****

Lauren was great to work with, and we managed to take hundreds of pictures. While planning the shoot we talked about what sort of look we wanted for the photos. Brighton was a great location for the Victorian theme we chose!

If you look at Lauren's previous work, the thing that stood out for me was the natural quality of her photos. I felt inspired by this and therefore I didn't want to look too posed (although you know I am a poser!) which is why I tried to inhabit the role of a character.

I really like the way she edited the pictures, giving them a graininess that evokes the period of early photography. The colours and saturation also bring back the memories of that day and the feeling of the warmth of the sun.  

I hope you enjoyed the photos, and didn't feel too sick with my wordy nonsense! 

Please do take time to look at Lauren's website and blog:

and

Thank you, and see you next time!

Sapphira
xxxx

19 comments:

  1. where did you find that incredible bonnet? I love these photos so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Kalmia! I made this bonnet from an old straw hat :) I'm going to post a tutorial for it soon!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing shoot,you looked so elegant and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely lovely and I LOVE YOUR BONNETTTTTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, it was very simple to make actually.

      Delete
  4. I only discovered your blog recently and I must say, I really love it. These pictures of you are so elegant, your outfit matches the location perfectly and the Victorian aesthetic of the photos is really convincing. You're a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, and for reading my blog. I'm very pleased to meet you!

      I had a look at your blog- it's great! I was excited to see pictures of Momoko Ogihara, because I'm also a big fan of her style <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, it makes me happy to hear that you like my blog! In terms of casual style, Momoko Ogihara is one of my biggest idols <3

      Delete
  5. Lovely idea! :)
    The pictures came out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I'm sure the photographer will be so pleased to read your feedback :) me too!

      Delete
  6. i absolutely adore your hairstyle! it's so simple and cute and pretty and suits you to a t!~ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angii! I must confess I'm wearing a wig and lots of make-up for this shoot! But I'm happy you think it suits me :) I think the wig is orignally from Dollyeye, but I bought it from a fellow Lolita.

      Delete
  7. Very lovely photo's, and you look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg you look adorable :)
    I really love this oldfashioned outfit!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photoshoot! So victorian *_* And I love the locations, in particular the fishing quarter sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look just like a porcelain doll! You came out lovely! Great job to you and Lauren :)

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...