Wednesday 22 May 2013

Cherry Blossoms and Creepy Dolls

 Hello dear readers! How are you?

I'm afraid this is a very belated post but there are some nice pictures you might enjoy. Back when the cherry blossoms were out, the Tokyo Lolitas went to a Mari Shimizu (doll artist) exhibiton and to Shinjuku Gyoen to admire the blooms.


My photo of a photo at the exhibition.



I like her blue ribbon and hair like a lamb.


This was my outfit! Jumperskirt is Jane Marple, coat and necklace Innocent World. Others all offbrand. Thank you Aviva for the photo!

Doll with tattoos.

This was very nice, it was a bust of a girl and inside the chest cavity there was a Madonna and little cherubs fluttering around her. Some things were a bit too gruesome for my taste but some I liked a lot.

Sakura! Now just a distant memory. It lasted such a short time!



Her expression is very sweet.

Another photo of me, hopefully not as creepy as the dolls. Sorry I was not more sakura-like, it was chilly! But the pattern on the coat is a little like falling blossoms, I think.


This is the one whose insides I admired.

Another photo of a photo, wish the postcard of this had not been sold out!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and maybe now you are a fan of Mari Shimizu, if you were not before.

See you next time,

Sapphira

2 comments:

  1. I saw some photos of Shimizu's dolls and while I consider some of them really beautiful, like you I also find them quite creepy.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply adore BDJs so I'm quite jealous that you got to see them. They are impressive!
    You looked super cute as usual too. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...